The Conservative Yeshiva Summer Program in Jerusalem, Israel
Summer Session I – June 22 – July 10, 2014
Summer Session II – July 13 – 31, 2014
Each session will be preceded by Shabbat activities on the Shabbat prior – June 20-21 and July 11-12.
- Five levels of Hebrew Ulpan each morning
- Beginning and Advanced Talmud – intensive each morning
- Classes in Rabbinic Texts, Tanach, Tefillah, & Halacha
- A chance to be part of a diverse learning community
The Conservative Yeshiva’s Summer Learning Program in Jerusalem is one of the most popular summer programs in Israel.
- Morning classes feature either intensive Ulpan at five levels to build Hebrew speaking and reading skills, or Talmud study at beginning or advanced levels.
- Afternoon classes include text classes in Bible, Rabbinics, Jewish Thought, Halacha, Liturgy and more, plus skills workshops, tours and volunteering.
- Text Courses are built on the traditional model of chevruta, learning one-on-one with a partner, and shiur, a seminar-style class.
- Sessions are not repetitive – you may apply for three or six weeks.
Throughout the summer program, the Conservative Yeshiva has special days of learning and activities. Examples of special events include:
- Trips around Jerusalem and its surrounding areas
- Kabbalat Shabbat services and Friday night dinner
- Yom Iyun (Dedicated Learning) for the 17 of Tammuz and Tisha B’Av fast days
The language of instruction, and of most communication, is English. Hebrew knowledge is helpful but not required. Students from non-English speaking countries are welcome.
Students live in apartments, guesthouses, and hotels in Jerusalem, usually within walking distance. The Conservative Yeshiva does not have dormitories, but does assist in finding housing.
Online Application Form – select Summer Program. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. The application deadline for scholarships is March 1.
The Conservative Yeshiva welcome Jewish students of all learning levels, religious backgrounds, and interests to its Summer Program. Students should be 19 years of age and have completed one year of college.
Year Program Students
Year Program students are strongly encouraged to attend the Summer Program and the Hebrew Ulpan.
One session: $800
Both sessions: $1,200
Half day, one session: $550
Half day, both sessions: $800
Incoming CY Year Program students: $100 per week, full time.
Tuition does not include flights, housing, food, health insurance (required), or books (few need to be bought).
Through the generosity of many friends of the Conservative Yeshiva, financial aid is available for our summer programs.
College Student Leaders Summer Scholarship
Three scholarships of full tuition for one session are available for college undergraduates between the ages of 19 to 24 who have been active in the Jewish community and demonstrate leadership and communication abilities. The scholarship recipient must be recommended by a professional who is familiar with their work on campus, and must commit to continuing involvement when they return to campus.
The application deadline is March 1, 2013. To apply, check the College Student Leaders Summer Scholarship box on the application form.
The Conservative Yeshiva offers a limited number of tuition reductions for young adults up to age 30. Please complete the application for the summer program and inquire about financial aid.